Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10995/31448
Title: О дате разрушения городища на плато Эски-Кермен
Other Titles: On the Date of Destruction of the Site on the Plateau of Eski-Kermen
Authors: Айбабин, А. И.
Aibabin, A. I.
Issue Date: 2014
Publisher: Издательство Уральского университета
Citation: Айбабин А. И. О дате разрушения городища на плато Эски-Кермен / А. И. Айбабин // Античная древность и средние века. — Екатеринбург : [Изд-во Урал. ун-та], 2014. — Вып. 42 : памяти Ханса-Файта Байера. — С. 215-227.
Abstract: Статья посвящена исследованию вопроса о времени разрушения городища на плато Эски-Кермен в Юго-Западном Крыму. На основании данных, полученных во время археологических раскопок (керамика, монеты и пр.), слой разрушения на Эски-Кермене может быть датирован второй половиной XIII в. Данные археологии позволяют утверждать, что после нападения жилые кварталы не были восстановлены. Тем не менее, вопрос об уничтожении городища на Эски-Кермене во время нападения Ногая в 1278 г. остается дискуссионным. В частности, церковные постройки на плато продолжали функционировать и в XIV в.
To clarify the date of destruction of the site it is necessary to consider the materials of archaeological research and the evidence of written sources. Almost all the groups of ceramics under examination were produced for a long time during the period of the 12th-14th centuries or in the 13th – 14th centuries. Glazed ceramic wares of Zeuksipp group were manufactured from the end of the 12th – to the mid-13th centuries but they were used till the end of the century. The ceramic complex enables to date the layer of destruction by the 13th century and coins restrict its date by the second half of the 13th century. However, the period of destruction of city blocks on Eski-Kermen must not be connected with the raid headed by the Tatar military leader Nogai in 1278; it was done by V. L. Mytz. He referred to the addition on the margins of Sudak Synaxarium; though it informs only about the murder of the people in Sougdaia by the Tatars on the 28th of May, 1278, but the information about the attack of Nogai’s army on the city was given in addition from December 20, 1298. In the work by Rukn ad-Dīn Baybars the seizure of the Crimea by Nogai after the defeat of Tocta’s army (1290–1312) in 697 (1298) is described. However, in the addition on the margins of this work, it is said that Tocta presented Crimea to Nogai. In the same work the defeat of Kaffa, Kerch and Cherson by Nogai’s army in 1299 is given. Probably, at the same time, on the way to Cherson Nogai’s army destroyed the city on the plateau of Eski-Kermen as well. After that pogrom the residential blocks were not restored. However, on the plateau the evidences of preserving church activities in the 14th century were revealed.
Keywords: BYZANTIUM
SOUTH-WESTERN CRIMEA
ARCHEOLOGY
ESKI-KERMEN FORTRESS
ВИЗАНТИЯ
ЮГО-ЗАПАДНЫЙ КРЫМ
АРХЕОЛОГИЯ
КРЕПОСТЬ ЭСКИ-КЕРМЕН
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10995/31448
RSCI ID: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23799794
ISSN: 0320-4472
Origin: Античная древность и средние века. 2014. Вып. 42: памяти Ханса-Файта Байера
Appears in Collections:Античная древность и средние века

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
adsv-42-16.pdf810,74 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.